Monday, October 4, 2010

Wild Turkeys






It seldom happens that one sees wild turkeys lurking around the neighborhood. As fall sets in this creatures must be having a hard time looking for food in the wilds. It finally started to rain this afternoon. Everything is wet and the sense of smell of these animals have been affected just like humans.
I woke up later today... the cold made me sleep longer. I changed the bedsheets. It feels good to lie down again after changing it. We just bough a new egyptian cotton blanket and a fall design flannel bed cover. They look so good together.;-)I'm loving it. Hubby calle me to hurry downstairs. he was yelling and I was nervous. Then he told me to get the camera because it seldom happens that the wild turkeys venture in the neighborhood. They have keen sense of smell and human smell is their number one enemy. I was lucky to go upstairs and was able to make a good view of them. There were ten of them lurking around looking for food. I wonder if there is a way of catching one without using a gun. I wonder if wild turkey will have a different taste from a farm raised turkey.Lol. Sounds like a good dinner to me but all I did was take pictures of them.
Have you seen wild turkeys this close before?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe turkeys were emigrating to a more secluded area, they might be sensing that thanksgiving is nearer:)

Mel said...

yes, lol...or maybe they are looking for food...that is always an animal instinct to go where the food is.;-)

Cane Furniture Cushions said...

The Florida Osceola Wild Turkey population in southern Florida is sometimes active during warm spells in January.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use