Monday, July 2, 2012

California Visit

I love summer time. It gives us a chance to relax when the kids are out of school. Last year we went to the Philippines for a 21- day vacation. That was our first after 3 years of living here in the US so it was really memorable. This time we opted to visit my niece in the West. We went to California for a five-day vacation on June 20 - 25. Yes that was just less than a month ago. I greatly appreciate my niece Jonna and George for letting us stay in their house for the five days of stay there. We also visited a new friend who is also a blogger named Comely. She's a relative of a dear friend from New Jersey. Jonna live in Northern California up in the mountains which has a breathtaking view. Day 1 we went to see the Golden San Francisco Bridge. It was a 2-hour drive. A rather long drive but worth it. We never expected it to be foggy and cold so we ended up buying some sweaters. It's a good thing there are a lot of stores along the streets. We ate lunch at the Californian Restaurant where a lot of Hollywood stars have dined in. Day 2 we went to the Bear lake just a 30-minute drive from my niece's house. Day 3 we went to the Discovery Kingdom in Six Flags. We had a lot of fun. We saw a lot of animals and there were a lot of rides. After that we decided to stay at Comely's house and we had karaoke. Thank you also Comely for being such a good friend to me and my niece. You're awesome!We also went to the pool the next day back at my niece's house. It was just a 15-minute drive so basically we went there twice. The ride going back to South Carolina was long. The plane stopped for a little while in Phoenix to pick some passengers. Then we changed planes at Tennessee. From Tennessee to Charleston our final destination then drove home for another three hours. I'm glad we reached home safe and sound. I hope we can go on cruise the next time around.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use