Thursday, November 5, 2009

Presence of Mind

When I got home from work last night I was happy because finally I can sit down and rest but I was wrong because my good stepson is asking for some soda and he needs it badly. I don't know why but he can't live without it so I have to drag him and the other two kids to Target since no one will be left with the kids. On the way home we stopped by a red light and someone right behind us bump our car. I am glad it was a minor scratch and no one amongst us was hurt. The woman stepped down her car and asked if no one was hurt. I parked at the shoulder and talked to her. I was a little bit scared so I called my hubby and Caleb called the cop. I did not get her info other than the plate number of the car. She started to cry and she said she was sorry because she's been through a lot since her hubby recently died. The cops came and let us write down about the incident and took our driver's license. The cop said something like the incident don't need to be blottered since there was only a minor damage. I just nodded since I really don't know what to do I felt like I'm in shock. He gave us back our driver's license and we sped away. When we came home I called up hubby who is in MD and he told me we still need to fix the car since the bank still owns it and we are still paying it. I told him he should decide about it when he will be home.

When you are down the road driving focus and presence of mind is really very important or else you will find yourself in trouble. It is always a risk to drive with a heavy heart and a troubled mind. It can cause your life or someone else's.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use