Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mama Needs a Caregiver

I was both happy and sad to be able to talk to my mom yesterday. I say happy because I miss her a lot but sad because my sister told me that my mom fell on the ground and bruised herself. They even showed to me my mom's bruises and I felt sad and worried about it. You see she is already 74 years old now. How soon will ones cuts and bruises heal at that age? I wonder where my brother who is supposed to be there for him to take care of her. They claimed that they can take care of my mom but they don't seem to be doing this. My brother and his wife are both living with my mom to take care of her. Are they really helping her or just taking advantage of her?
In the Philippines, it is our culture to take good care of our old people. We love to do that because we think it is an obligation even if nobody told us. We have a high respect and sense of empathy to the elderly. It worries me to think about my mom. I always think I am responsible to what might happen to her. My mom has been a lot of help to me and my kids that's why I will never forget her. She helped me look after my kids. I think the feeling of being loved and taken cared of will always be reciprocated. I am a thousand miles away from her and that makes me sad. I think it's high time to find someone dependable to help my mom. I wish we have in home elder care in the Philippines instead of family and relatives who can't even be trusted at all to help her. I badly need a compassionate person who will be there for my mom. I thought my siblings can do that since they are family but I was wrong. I would love to help my mom enjoy the calming sunset of her days.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use