Friday, October 28, 2011

Home Renovation

The beauty about owning a home is that you can design and redesign it to your heart's desire. Homeowner's have all the rights and reasons on how they want their house to look and feel like especially in the interior part. The outside part sometimes is affected by association rules and regulations. This is what I have learned when we owned a house in New Jersey where it was governed by the association rules. We can't do much in the outside since the facade has to look synchronized with the others. I did see different paint colors. When we changed our windows to something better we have to inform them of our projects. Sadly we have to move away where bread and butter will take us.
We own a house in Maryland. We have it rented out for the last three years but we have decided to use it as a per diem house since hubby is working from one place to another. We go and visit Maryland once a month. Most of our personal belongings are there. We are just bringing the basics in our apartment down here in South Carolina. The house in Maryland is half the size compared to our house before in New Jersey but we still like it. It sits by a small city street corner yet it is not busy nor populated. We can see the view of the mountains around us. It is nice and cool that we don't even need an air conditioner in the summer. There are a lot of things that need to be upgraded in this small house. We didn't mind this before because we were not living there. We need to have the sidings changed. We also need the kitchen renovated. Hubby told me that I can basically be the one in charge with the kitchen since I stay there all the time. I told him that first I want the space opened up, change the cupboards and then change the old countertop to granite tile. I want it to look neat and tidy and most of all updated. I love interior designing and I am up to this renovation business. I look forward to seeing myself in my newly remodeled kitchen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First I would like to Thank you for all the advice and ideas I found on this blog it helped me a lot.

paragonremodeling.com

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use