Monday, December 13, 2010

I Almost Died Today!

I worked very late today from 4:30 PM to 11:30. This is my first time working so late at night. Why I was chosen to work so late I have no idea why. It sounds lame but I am just an employee so i have to go and do my job. At 11PM we were told to go outside and there were firemen came in to target because there a leak. I was attending to a guest with a $500 bill that I have to suspend because we were told to go out faraway. I was wearing my fall coat for a good 10-15 minutes outside where the temperature was freezing and the wind was blowing hard. I felt like crying but the employees were laughing. I thought this was a ridiculous thing. Is it a drill or a what I think so. But all 3 of the evesham firetrucks were there so soemething must be going on. Now my body is aching.
On the way home my car slipped on the curve where Marlton circle is beiong renovated. The road was slippery and I almost hit the car right beside me. I swerve to the right and I almost hit the concrete that blocked between the two roads. I was shaking. God I almost died. I wonder if I was ready to meet my maker. I wonder what will happen to my kids left at home. Thank you LORD for extending my life a little bit more. For sure my kids still need me.

9 comments:

Kristel said...

Thank God you're still doing fine. We don't know when to meet our maker. If it's your time, it's your time.

keep safe!

humble opinion by sirrob said...

It's great to know that you are alright. A cousin of mine died on the spot in one of the icy night in Minnesota last year. She left behind 2 lil boys and her husband who was driving at that time.

Be careful always on icy days.

the twitterer said...

God's blessings with you always! Angels were watching! Love your kids and hubby extra this Xmas!

Marj said...

Hi there! Hope you are ok now. We should be thanking God for saving you. Take Care!

Lea said...

Thank goodness your okey...thats the imfact on why u didn't wear a winter coat instead...after what happened your body is not feeling well at all...we are freezing here...ate mel be careful next time and take care...yeah i believed also if it's ur time , it will really happen..

Mel said...

Thank you guys for feeling how I feel. I did not let my hubby know this right away because he is not at home. He is working in Sc and I don't want him to get worried. I believe God's love is my luck and protection.

Tess said...

Get so worried here about your post...thanks God you are alright my bff.Thanks for the angels who keep you safe always.

Miss yah much!

nicquee said...

I Hope you are doing ok by now. Please take extra care of yourself.

Life Moto said...

it is good that you safe now. thank the Lord.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use