Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looking Back...



What I am now is a product of who I was before, what my parents have given me and what my surroundings have taught me. Since the year has ended I can't help but look back. Look back with kindness and understanding and most of all with gratefulness. I was born and raised together with four siblings to a widowed wife who worked her way out to feed five kids. It must be so tough of her to be doing that since she was not a professional. But her love to her children made her stronger as a mother and as a person as well. I have learned to understand since I was young what hardwork means. Everyday I see that on my mom's courage.
I did my best to fit in the society. My mom raised me well even if we were poor. The thought of being so poor has made me think I am a loser. I was shy because I felt that we were poor with the material things in life yet God has made me rich in so many ways. Christmas was always a fond memory because no matter what we always attend the Christmas party in church. I admit I was a little jealous of the rich people who go to church. i can see that in the clothes they wear and the car they have. We never have the nicest clothes nor a car to brag but we have a good heart and soul. I have done my best to live in God's teachings and that's what matters most. I shoved jealousy aside. We celebrated Christmas in the simplest way. Even God was born in the simplest way. There is no way He could be a loser. I love to study and learn. This made me understood things better. I am not a loser and no one is. We all have an equal opportunity in this world. It is always up to us on how to act and react in every situation. My mom told me she can't afford to send me to college since she did not have a permanent job. I did not even consider this a hindrance. I submitted scholarship applications and worked my way out and did my best. My mom supported my aspirations. Then I came out of my shell. If I will be shy now who will know what my potentials are? And this is who I am now... a strong woman who can smile even if sometimes there's a feeling of fear inside.
Thank you God for giving me the chance to pause and look back. I have a past worthy of looking back. The past year was a tough one but we were able to make it. Thank you family and friends for helping us. You have been our strength and inspiration. Cheers!!!

1 comment:

Cacai M. said...

Cheers! Whatta inspiring story. Appear! :)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use