Monday, October 26, 2009

Changing Our TV Network

After five times of changing our comcast dvr we finally decided to change it to dish network. We have had too much disappointments with it. What's the use of the dvr if it won't record? When we got another one the screen became black and white? Do you think five times is impatient enough?
Aside from being able to get another reliable dvr I'm so happy because hubby decided to also install filipino channels just for me.;-) Hubby said now I will feel at home away from home. I enjoyed watching the filipino channels but the funny thing about it is my kids don't seem to understand tagalog since we use another dialect which is cebuano. But well at least they can still speak cebuano dialect. I just want to stay connected with what's going on in the Philippines. Our comcast phoneline and internet were disconnected when we have the dish connected. I don't know how it happened but we are scheduled to have the phoneline and internet connected back today. We are still using the comcast internet and phoneline but if ever they will not show on the scheduled date we might as well have to get verizon.

3 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

Hello Mel,

I am sorry to learn that we have lost you as one of our customers. It is really unacceptable that you went through 5 DVRs and the DVR still did not record properly. I know that you are with Dish now but I wanted to get more information so that we can get a better understanding as to why you were issued many defective DVRs. We certainly need to prevent any recurrence of this issue and we of course want to create a better experience for all of our customers. If you don't mind, will you please let me know the phone number associated with your account?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Casem
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations

Mel said...

Even the comcast technician who came knew they are giving away defective dvrs. Hubby said they should do something about it or else you guys will loose more customers. Can you imagine this? A comcast techinician came to put back our phone and internet line last night by disconnecting our dish network? I did not know anything about since I was not watching tv. The kids yelled at me why they don't have tv anymore. What a pain in the butt this company is doing to us.
So far we still are using our phone line and internet since it is not giving us problems but I am now in the edge of my patience with comcast leaving me watching my disconnected dish network. He should have at least let me know what he did. I don't think you guys really care.

ComcastCares1 said...

I am sorry that you were told this information by our technician. Our converters should have been tested thoroughly to ensure that they working properly. Obviously, the converters that were issued to you were not properly tested. I would really like to investigate this further so that other customers will not go through what you have experienced. I would also like to assist in making sure the problem with your Dish service is addressed.

If it is not so much of a trouble, will you please send me an email indicating the service address and the phone number associated with your Comcast account?

Again, I sincerely apologize for the trouble.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use