Saturday, May 9, 2009

Chicken, Shrimps and Scallops Kabobs

KFC is giving out free grilled chicken meals. My friend Ann gave me a coupon and we went to the store to claim it. It's a little bit crazy thing that a lot of people who went there with their coupons were murmuring because they said they were not accepting coupons as of the moment. They told us that they will just convert it into a raincheck so I told my husband that we will just buy our dinner last night right there in KFC. We waited for a long time before our food came out. My husband noticed that some people were given their orders ahead of us. My husband was already yelling at the top of his voice that made my daughter scared. In fairness the grilled chicken was good but the service? Unbelievably poor!
So today I decided to grill some chicken, shrimp and scallops in the backyard. We had trouble starting the fire. My husband told me that he will go to the store to get some fluid to start the charcoal. I told him that we will just use newspaper. It was a little bit windy and he didn't want me to burn myself with the fire. When he went I started burning the charcoal with the newspaper. When he came home the kabobs were already on the grill. I also grilled some red pepper and onions too. Caleb my stepson who was whacking some weeds was excited for the chicken kabobs to get done. I think the smell made him drool. He told me it was really good! My husband was so glad I made grilled chicken and my kids too. I have never seen James ate so much rice with the kabobs. Heaven was eating it with gusto. Two hours after we ate she wanted to eat again. We ate a great dinner today!

2 comments:

milyjohnson said...

I had heard that KFC was giving away free chicken. I think that's great that they were willing to do that. My mom had used the coupon to get the free grilled chicken. She told me that it tasted like baked chicken.

Mel said...

We did try a free chicken but my friend in CA sent me a free meal coupon. People around here went to the store to claim it but it was funny because they were giving out too many coupons. I am not sure if we can claim that meal thing but it's okay we ended up buying some.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use