Saturday, May 16, 2009

Garage Sale

Our next block neighbor was holding a garage sale today. I wake up late this morning but I was glad I was able to make it. I went to check what they were selling. They have a lot of paintings, toys, clothes, shoes and kitchen wares. I wanted to get the 2 set of blue jars with a lid but when I went back to get hubby it was already gone. I bought a couple of bags for 50 cents each and the kids were able to grab some toys. We also got some cookbooks and 2 cookie jars but the priciest thing we got there was the large mirror with ornate border that I haggle for 20 bucks. For sure I won't be able to buy that in the store for just that price. I love garage sales but my husband hates thinking that I am bringing other people's trash to the house. Oh well, if I can find more garage sales I will still surely bring him with me because he is my financier. Lol.;-)

2 comments:

milyjohnson said...

I like going to garage sales too, Mel. I went to one about a few weeks ago. It's amazing what you can find there. It's great that the things you got were cheap. I didn't pay more than $5 for the things I bought.

Mel said...

Hello Michelle,
I paid a lot but it was a lot less than 50 percent off. Truly it's amazing.;-)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use