Thursday, May 14, 2009

Literacy Night






We went to my children 's school last night to attend the Literacy Night. It was so fun for the kids to explore around on what the teachers prepared for them. We went from one booth to the other. Their were discoveries about reading, food, games and prizes for the raffle ticket. My daughter was so excited about winning the Coco Key passes but we have to go home early because we need to fetch my stepson from his friend's house. It was 8 miles away which was rather far. She was so upset to go home without knowing who won the raffle prizes. We passed a lot of forested areas and with only a couple of cars passing by the ride seemed forever. When Heaven came home from school she was carrying a basket full of goodies that she won from last night's activity. My daughter was surprised and so happy but my son felt bad that he did not win anything. I told my daughter that they should share the basket because they both were there last night. She agreed to that and at least both of them were so happy with the basketful of goodies. Than you to all the teachers who made the affair happen and exciting for the kids. Surely, learning is fun!

4 comments:

dsy said...

I used to be a teacher, it's so fun to watch kids eagerly run around in some sort of competition :D
Also a heart breaking to see kids who didn't get any prizes :P, so we usually prepared some goodies for all so they wouldn't go home empty handed
Nice that your kids would share :)

Mel said...

Yes, it was totally fun for the kids. I think you are right about giving each kid some goodies. It would be wonderful idea for me to share to them because the funny thing is she ended up giving some of her goodies to her classmates. A few was left to share with her brother.;-)

milyjohnson said...

That's great that your daughter got her goodies, Mel. I remember when my mother used to go to those when I was in school. We didn't win things like that.

Mel said...

She already had a feeling that she will win something before we left.Lol but we left earlier because we fetched my stepson good thing they kept the prize for her and not disqualify it.;-)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use