Sunday, September 6, 2009

Can You Play Chess?



I learned how to play chess in high school. One good friend taught me how to play it but I never was able to win one single game playing with him. He practiced chess with the computer all the time so he became better with it every day. I am grateful enough that I know the basics of it as not all women can play this game. When others find this boring I find it interesting and challenging. Hubby and I play chess from time to time. I rarely win but it makes me happy when sometimes I do. The number of chess pieces and varied movements of each piece will make us crazy enough. Men loves the logical thinking of it that is why they are better with this game. I taught my son and my daughter how to play chess. Amazingly I observed that he can play better. I can see that she is not interested with the game. It makes me happy that at 7 my son knows how to arrange them and how to bring them forward and even finish the game. I noticed each time we play he gets better and better. He had won my queen one time without my notice. It takes courage, patience, enough motivation and logical thinking to win this game. Chess is a game that is just like our life. We need to take time to think before we make decisions. I hope one day he will really become good at this.;-)

3 comments:

Reel Advice said...

On the contrary, I'm bad at chess while my girllfriend is pretty good. I'm not the thinking type I guess.

Rebecca said...

I have always enjoyed chess. I only get to play it around the holidays anymore it seems. I need to be fairly rested to be at my best though and I am never much rested during the holidays so I try to enjoy playing instead of worrying about winning. :-)

Mel said...

Reel,
That sounds great that your girlfriend can play better.;-)
Rebecca,
Yes, chess takes a lot of concentration and patience to win. The more we think of winning, the more we lose. Lol.;-)
Thank you for the comments guys.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use