Monday, November 22, 2010

Are You Ready For Thanksgiving?



My kids will be bringing some food for their Thanksgiving party tomorrow. Sweet daughter will bring some vegie sticks and sonny boy will bring some crackers. Daughter said she will dress up like a pilgrim crazy thing about it is her teacher never wrote me a note about it. She just told her that what she would dress up like a pilgrim period.
I did not grow up celebrating this event since I lived in the Philippines. I have only been three years in the US of A. Usually I will just asked my husband when will Thanksgiving be. Thanksgiving is celebrated on the Fourth Thursday of November. It is an American annual tradition historically a religious tradition to give thanks to God. The Pilgrims at the Plymouth Colony survived their first brutal winter in 1863 in New England. The feast lasted for three days. The pilgrims and the indians shared their food together.
Annually we buy turkey and pumpkin pie. I think these are some of the food the pilgrims and the indians shared.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use