Saturday, November 6, 2010

Is Finally Home

We went to New York City yesterday to renew my kids' passports. I also wanted to report my marriage at the Philippine Consulate at the same time but they told me to send the papers to Chicago since I got married in Illinois 3 years ago. We went to Trenton and took a train to the city for an an hour or two. It took a long time to sit and wait at the consulate. I think we were there for the most part of the day. After the long wait the kids were sent downstairs to have their photos taken and biometrics. We were done around 3PM and we went to Bank of the Philippine Islands BPI office to open an account. My tummy was already rumbling at 4 and we have to travel 40 minutes to visit Jollibee (a popular Filipino fastfood) in Queens so we decided to get some coffee and food at dunkin donuts for a light snack before hitting Queens. We haven't eaten Jollibee in three years so we might as well go and get some. We went to the subway and rode the E train. My friend Gladys offered us her place for an overnight stay. It was really so nice of her. Thank you Gladys. Their place is not that far from Jollibee. We can either walk or ride a bus. We decided to get a mocha cake for Menmen at Red Ribbon before going home so we wont have to go back and forth. Red Ribbon and Jollibee is located along Roosevelt Avenue where we got a train bound back to Manhattan. We went to Gladys house and rested for a while then we hit back to Manhattan. Times Square is a lot beautiful by night! It was really a lovely sight. We took a thousand pics that I haven't uploaded yet. I left my camera with Jen so I might be able to upload it tomorrow.

4 comments:

Tina said...

I was smiling while I was reading your post. I can very well relate that when you are in a foreign country, you still opt to eat at a Filipino restaurant or at least a place where Filipinos go to.. thats what I do at least.

Tina of www.meetngreet.net

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Hi there! Visiting your blog this time. Anyway, about your Report of Marriage, you have to send it to the Consulate General in Chicago and you can check the information on their website at http://www.chicagopcg.com/. I hope this helps!

Sounds like your time in New York was an interesting one! :) See you around.

Adin B

Mel said...

Yes Tina the farther you are from home the more you fondly remember it. ;-)

Mel said...

thanks for the info adin!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use