Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One Snowy Day



Schools were closed today because we have more than a couple inches of snow. When we woke up this morning it was raining and the snow has slowly turned to ice. This kind of weather is a bit more dangerous. It is better that kids have to be kept at home than take the risk of going to school. My kids went sledding in our frontyard and backyard even if the slope was not that elevated. I can never describe the happiness they felt seeing the snow this thick in Jersey. It's the first time it has gotten this thick really. They have surely missed the snow they have seen in Illinois but with the long winter days there I was but glad to be out of there. I felt depressed that I couldn't go anywhere when we lived there but as time passed by I have learned to love the place because I have gained some friends who were worth a million bucks. There are really advantage and disadvantage in going from place to place. I don't think there is such as a think as perfection. We all love to chase for perfection and idealism but the more we chase for it the more we get frustrated. Looking at the bright side of life, no matter what as long as I have my kids and my husband with me, that is all that matters. Asidefom sledding we also made ou own pizza for dinner. The kids had fun helping me. I am not sure if classes will resume tomorrow but I think it will so I sent the kids early to bed.
I am so glad I have had a couple of approved opportunities for social spark. The second one was approved sooner than I expected, without the need of editing it. I just got a wow and I felt good about it. I even told my husband about it and he was glad. He actually wanted me to review my praxis exam but I am lazy because I wanted to focus on my online writing gig. I focus on one thing at a time and I don't like to be pushed on the things that I need to do next. So for now he is just watching my every move. I hope he appreciates the my one step at a time strategy it's not that I am lazy because I have my part time job as a substitute teacher.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use