Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Orlando Science Center Opens New Exhibit

Grossology


I have taught for more than ten years and teaching the Science of the human body has not always been easy since children would always tend to find it gross. I have tried and tested a lot of strategies just to be able to draw children's attention. One of the best strategies that I find helpful to students is teaching using humor. As an educator, I always believe that we ought to teach in a fun way as we explore and discover new ideas. To inject humor to a subject matter is important so we can be able to draw attention from the students. Using humor as a motivation for people in all walks of life creates a lasting impression.
My friend, Melba Turner lives in Florida. She has invited us to go visit her because the sunsine state where she is right now, is one place that has a lot to offer. From beautiful beaches, awesome weather, magnificent Disney World, gorgeous garden and Grossology Exhibit - Orlando Science Center. It is one tempting invitation that I couldn't resist since my daughter loves Disney and my son is fascinated with Science. The new exhibit at the Orlando Science Center will open to the public on the 31st of January, 2009. The new exhibit is called Grossology: The (Impolite)Science of the Human Body. Now how exciting could this be? It is really very exciting since it would be a fun, colorful hands-on experience to children and adults. If you like to let your children learn more about the human body in a fun way outside the four walls of the classroom this is your chance. I would also take this opportunity to let my children experience this since if we go there we can stay in my friend's place and she would be glad to guide us around.
Post?slot_id=31375&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use