Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday Chores

We fetched Caleb my stepson from the airport today. He spent his Christmas vacation in Texas. He came in around noon. He traveled via Southwest Airlines. I woke up rather late but we ate breakfats before hitting the road to the airport. We dropped by the orinetal stroe in route 32. It was easy to locate and good thing we finally did not get lost. We bought some ingredients for the fruit salad, some pans for the leche flan and horseradish leaves that I have not for more than a year. I wanted to buy a balikbayan box but my husband said no in front of the store clerk. I was not happy about it. I feel humiliated. I hated it but what can I do he has the money I don't. At the back of my mind a lot of things were fighting. It will take you a while to fill the box because it is big. He don't want to spend money for sending the box to the Philippines. It is too expensive for him.;-( Oh well, I am stubborn and I will do what I want no matter what because I believe ther's nothing wrong with what I am doing. If he don't like that Like I would really care. You know how much a box is? 3 bucks and it would take more than a couple of months to fill it up. So expensive right? He can't even afford it. I am grumpy and I didn't feel like talking to him.

I really like their airports here unlike the airports we have in the Philippines. It felt like you are going inside a prison when you go to Philippine airports because of too many inspections. You are not even allowed to go to the luggage area when you are not a passenger. Here you can always go there to help somebody. Oh well, in a place where you do it all by yourself, it is important to be able to get in and get out. I was dragging my kids with me just to support my good husband of his fetching my stepson. We waited for a while there since he had to get his luggage.

When we got home he wanted to go to Aldi's to get some groceries. I didn't feel like going so he went there all by himself. I slept for a little while and my kids woke me up for dinner. I have to make dinner of pan fried okra and spinach. It was good with soy sauce. Then we had cheesecake and fruit salad for dessert. James asked for some hot chocolate because it was so cold. Heaven also unexpectedly joined with James food trip.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use