Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School





Today is Heaven and James first day in school here New Jersey. They woke up very early and we waited for the school bus at the corner of Lincoln Drive but the bus driver said she will just pick them up right in front of the house which is a good thing for me and the kids. I followed their bus to school. I went to see them in their classroom and dropped the check for their lunch at the office. I met James teacher in their classroom and talked to her for a little while waiting for him. James came along with his ESL teacher who was kind enough to lead him to his clasroom. He was happy to see me there. He said hi to me and to his new teacher and went in his room looking for his name on the table. Then I went to Heaven's room, at first I didn't recognize her among the kids so I felt a little worried about her because she's a scary little girl. I asked her teacher if she was in there and she said to get inside for a little while and I did. She looked a little bit teary- eyed. She told me she doesn't have a pencil. I told her she got a pencil case in her bag with pencils in it. She was relieved upon hearing it.
It looked like an international school because a lot of the students and parents have different colors and talked differently t their kids. Well that doesn't really matter, what matters most is they will feel at home in their new environment. I think they will like it in Frances De Masi Elementary School.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use