Monday, September 22, 2008

My Children's Scary Experience

One of James teeth fell off today. He told me to keep the windows open so that the tooth fairy can get inside and do some magic and make his tooth grow again. How funny this kids are. I just remembered their dental appointment last Friday.
We went to my kids' school last Friday. We picked them up for their dental appointment. Both of them were scared. When we arrived at the dental office, they seem to like the place because it was full of stuffed toys. We filled up some forms for them. James was called in first. His tooth was checked and the assistant kept on praising him for being brave. I have to accompany him and he seem so restless. An x-ray was taken for his teeth about 3-4 times. He was crying at the last one because he thought the dentist was forcing him to open his mouth. I think he was just real nervous. He got his reward from the treasure chest. Then came Heaven who looks more scared than James. The dentist instructed me how to hold her. He said we will make it easy for her. But the way I was holding her made her seem uncomfortable. I have to hold her hands and feet tight and the doctor checked her teeth while the assistant wrote the observation. Then they took x-ray for her teeth teeth too. Then after that he told us to go back on Tuesday of this week to discuss on what to do with the kids next dental appointment. It's a long and boring process but we have to do because its mandatory for the kid's school requirement. Our teeth also is very important to be taken cared of to protect complications. Would you believe that it can cause heart disease? I hope one day they won't be scared to face the dentist that it would be a happy experience for them.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use