Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Slippery when wet

Today I started my day with a hike even if it was cloudy outside. I wanted to go to the store but it seem rather far. I like walking since its not too hot. I just went to a store nearest us to get some stuff then head back home to take a shower. I talked to my niece on the phone for an hour or two just about anything we could think of. I waited for my husband for the kids' dental appointment but he called up telling me it was cancelled. I heard the pour of the rain outside, got tired of sitting here all day so I went out for a little while. The road was slippery. I was on the intersection when I turned left and the rear tires slipped. I was nervous because that was my first experience. I did not run fast but I seem to be racing, I heard screeching on my tires. I went to the store and my nerves were still tense. I was scared to go home because I might have the same experience again. I was nervous and hungry all at the same time. I bought some food but never ate it. I was worried because my kids will be home and I need to be with them so I have to conquer my fear. I headed home safely thank God. I told my husband about the experience and he told me not to drive after the rain because when the heat and cold collides on the asphalt it will produces a slippery film that I should avoid. It was a learning experience. I will be careful again next time. Well, I think I was careful but scared.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use