Monday, September 8, 2008

Entertwined Passion

Funny it seems when you remember things. When I was in my elementary and high school days I used to keep a journal. Writing has always been a passion of mine. I have joined some contest about essay writing, feature writing and editorial writing in high school and won. Then just all of a sudden it all stopped. Maybe because I studied Education in college and not Journalism. I could have continued what I have started then but well I wanted to always learn new things and have always dreamed of becoming a teacher. A dream come true for me. Who would have thought I would finish college. With my mom telling me she can't afford sending me to college whether public or private, I pushed myself to find alternatives of her not spending for my college tuition fee. Having finished high school was all she could financially afford. So in the process I ended up searching for scholarship programs and took series of exams and interviews. The Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Scholarship granted me a scholarship not just a in public school but a private school of my choice. My mom was so happy about it and supported me to the best of her ability. She worked doubly hard to feed us and to give me my everyday allowance. She has been a widow of five kids since I was five years of age. Raising us alone was no easy task. She has no educational qualifications for that but she strived hard to keep us intact, the five of us in one home. Motherhood needs no educational attainment true, but being a breadwinner as well is a different story. She was a father and a mother to us all at the same time. Our being so poor never discouraged me to finish my education. To learn with love, tolerance and perseverance I moved on. To make the story short, I graduated in 1995, got a job, got married, had kids and so the journal writing was long forgotten. I think I completely forgot about it because we were asked to make Lesson Plans everyday for so many subjects- English, Science, Math, Filipino, Social Studies and even P.E. Not just that, I also need to make visual aids. Too many things to do, my journals became lesson plans. Set objectives, make materials, evaluate students and record results-that's the life of a teacher. How would you love that?
Someone told me about blogging and it really rang a bell to me. I felt the urge, the connection so I started writing down here. I taught four years in the private schools and seven years in the public school. I have learned so many things when I was teaching but I stopped for a year because I have to relocate and settle down my family. In those seven years of teaching I managed to study Master of Arts in Teaching English every weekend but shifted to Special Education. I have learned to love Special Education so I really was able to finish my master's degree. I wanted to finish my master's so my income would elevate in the public school but then the process seemed to be slower than a turtle. I got frustrated with my first marriage and told myself this is not the life I dreamed to have for me and my kids. I want to rear children but rearing a husband seemed impossible so I let go. I had my annulment in 2006. It didn't stop me from loving. I met Terry online. We talk everyday since I met him. He is a passionate person and he patiently pursued me. He truly knows what he wants. He's sense of humor and wits captured my lonely and aching heart. Can you believe my aching heart has the capacity of loving again? If I didn't my heart would possibly stopped beating. It took him three visits(which happened every year), half the world away every time before we got married. One time we were sitting on the couch he asked me what took us long to get married, look what we had missed. I just smiled lovingly at him. We are married for a year now and we seem to pretty get along well with each other. I have always been persistent with love and life. And my love for writing? Always will be.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Term of Use